× Members

PIP home visit

More
8 years 1 month ago #152427 by Diane
PIP home visit was created by Diane
I have just been informed by letter that my dreaded PIP face to face is to take place at my home. I was just wondering if they go around your house doing an inspection. What can I expect.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152434 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP home visit
Hi Diane

You don't need to worry about there being some sort of house inspection!! The assessor has no right whatsoever to look round your home; he/she is only entitled to do what you allow them to do. You are simply avoiding the travel part of the assessment. They have no more rights than any other visitor to your home.

It would always be advisable to have someone with you when the assessment takes place; this means that you will have someone to ensure you are not being coerced into something you are not physically capable of doing, and also that there is someone to confirm or deny any comments you have to make in the future about the assessment. If you have a partner or a good friend, they would be ideal to stay with you during the assessment.

The same rules apply to a home assessment as at an assessment centre. You only do what you are comfortable doing; If something causes you pain, don't do it, but explain that you CAN'T do it, rather then you WON'T do it. Other than that, don't offer any more information that they ask for (don't keep on chatting for the sake of it!)

Good luck.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152437 by linz17
Replied by linz17 on topic PIP home visit
Hi,
My husband had a home visit (Atos) the assessor just came in, sat down & started asking/inputting questions/answers. I offered to show her the bathroom & kitchen, but she declined & said it was not necessary. All over in an hour, all she requested was that my husband did a couple of gentle leg lifts & arm lifts, what he felt unable to do, he told her & that was fine. I chipped in a lot, but again she was OK about that. The only thing is & I have mentioned it before, EVERYTHING you say is written down. We are aware of the measurements of our living room & so it seemed was she (obviously good at estimation). It depends on the individual, but it was far more relaxed and less stressful as we were in our own home & no travelling necessary! My hubby was awarded enhanced on both Living & Mobility, but as I say it is dependent upon the claimants condition.
Good Luck to you & all who have to go through this dreadful PIP, but thanks so much to this site!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.