× Members

PIP HOMEVISIT - NFA

More
8 years 1 month ago #152433 by Mxtex
PIP HOMEVISIT - NFA was created by Mxtex
Hello there,
I am a 24yr old suffering from ocd, anxiety (with a mixture of other mental problems) and severe pain from scoliosis and reynauds syndrome, coupled with pcos.
3 years ago I lost my job as a tattoo artist due to my spinal problems. I was previously subletting and consequently not on any contract. After losing my job I also lost my home, although having been here for years the council refuse to help with housing as they say they cannot verify that I have been in the area for longer than 3 years. But that's another story...
I am now and have been for the past 3 years on and off, staying with a friend of mine who has a young daughter, she does not stay with him as he has his own problems but she does visit often.
I have been under threat of having to find alternative accommodation for the past 6 months as mu friend would like his space back for more time with his daughter etc. But as he is my friend I know he feels reluctantly to kick me out as such. So I am currently here, pretty much constantly, working remotely from home doing market research when I can.

After a lot of hassle with my pip application appointments etc (I'll spare the details) they have finally ended with offering me a home visit, which in many ways I'm very happy about as I really have struggled in many different ways due to pain and anxiety and stress to even fathom the idea of managing to attend a medical appointment far away as they'd offered me before. However, I am in a rather big dilemma, my friend with whom I am staying with, does not want me to have the assessment at his house, as it'll be during the only weeks he has his daughter and finds it difficult to get out of home himself.

I am completely stuck on what to do. Finally after all this messing around it seems there is a solution, however now apparently not. I cannot go against my friends wishes, but if I refuse this home appointment, how else am I.supposed to move forward with my claim. I am in desperate need, I cannot currently keep up with any appointments physio, psychology sessions because of the mess I am in.
Everything is so.confusing and I have been dealing with these benefit.beaurocracies non stop for the past 2 years despite all I did.to avoid going down this route.

Apologies for the extensive amount of words. It takes me.very long to write sometimes and often I do ramble. I just have no-one else to turn to, so would appreciate greatly anyone's help.

I cannot currently work either due to my problems and am falling further into.debt with my friends. I fear soon I will be homeless and even worse off.

Thanks I'm advance.
Tx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152449 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP HOMEVISIT - NFA
Mxtex

As far as I can see you have three options.

1. Keep the date but move the venue, is there anywhere else that they could visit you?

2. Cancel the appointment and re-book for a date that is convenient for your friend.

3. Cancel the appointment and opt for an assessment at their offices.

You need to be aware that you can only cancel and appointment once, so if you opt for (2) or (3) then you will have to attend, whatever the circumstances. It is possible that for option (1) that this may happen as well, unless the new venue is close to where you currently live.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.