× Members

PIP switch over from DLA

More
8 years 1 month ago #152541 by loofon
PIP switch over from DLA was created by loofon
hello people ,just joined today .I got my PIP notice yesterday for the switch over so thought it would be best to find out what to do .my question is ...when my wife phoned to order the booklet she was told i had to phone myself and have a 15 talk with them .Is this instead of sending out the booklet and an easy switch over from DLA to PIP ???????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152546 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP switch over from DLA
Hi Loofon and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Please also read this topic

The phone call will capture details to ensure the basic eligibility criteria have been met. This can be done in paper but it seems easier for most people to make the phone call. Our PIP guides explain the process and what questions you will be asked, so you can have that information to hand.

The call will then trigger the despatch of the PIP2 form (or booklet) that must be completed in detail. The PIP guides explain this too.

PIP help for claimants

The requirements of PIP are very different from PIP and the change was with the express intention of saving money. Our guides aim to give you the best opportunity of explaining your situation in terms which the DWP understand and which match the language used in the descriptors.

I suggest that you have a good look at the guides, then reply to this message if you have any specific questions. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.