× Members

ESA claim

More
6 years 9 months ago #193957 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
ok thank you I think I will send on an extra bit of info to Maximus, nothing to lose, and to br=e honest i will be mortified if i get allocated to the wrag, the money would beno different because i started the claim early enough but i really could not cope with the job centre and activites etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193971 by Perdita
Sorry, another question. With the substantial risk thing, I would not be at risk from a suicidal point of view. If I was found fit for work or placed in the WRAG even I think I would not cope, anxiety wise and I may not literally be able to manage(due to my health conditions)the interviews and tasks, which I assume would result in sanctions. But is that the sort of thing that comes under substantial risk?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193979 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: Sorry, another question. With the substantial risk thing, I would not be at risk from a suicidal point of view. If I was found fit for work or placed in the WRAG even I think I would not cope, anxiety wise and I may not literally be able to manage(due to my health conditions)the interviews and tasks, which I assume would result in sanctions. But is that the sort of thing that comes under substantial risk?

I doubt this will qualify you, the requirement is a substantial risk of harm, if you can't identify the harm to you then you won't qualify, if you can't show that the risk is substantial then you won't qualify and there must be a specific cause to the risk. And all of this must be supported by suitable evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193982 by Perdita
I see what you mean, but if I could not do their demands and got sanctioned and consequently had no money to feed myself, would this not count as substantial risk?

More
6 years 9 months ago #193984 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: I see what you mean, but if I could not do their demands and got sanctioned and consequently had no money to feed myself, would this not count as substantial risk?

No it wouldn't!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193986 by Perdita
So if I do not meet the support group criteria, then I starve! That is very scary, My doctor is expecting me to be placed in the support group but then doctors are not very clued up on ESA criteria, and I assume assessors do not take much notice of a doctor saying this?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.