× Members

ESA re-assessments Backlog

More
8 years 2 months ago #152343 by Jerri
ESA re-assessments Backlog was created by Jerri
Hi there,
I am new here, so just getting used to this. I am in the ESA support group and am expecting a reassessment , although not sure when. I Had an operation last year and still have an open wound in an area where it it is difficult to heal. When it is healed I am going to have at least another two similar operations which will take months to heal between them. Does this automatically qualify me for the support group again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152362 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA re-assessments Backlog
Hi Jerri

Not much help to offer here - I guess you will have to wait for your reassessment, and offer all the evidence you have of your on-going condition and proposed surgeries; it will then be up to the decision maker, who will have to decide whether or not you are make a miraculous recovery(!!) or will need a considerable amount of time to recover and recuperate.

As to whether you will automatically qualify for the support group, it would seem to be quite likely, BUT the decision maker might have other views, in which case you will have to request MR and/or appeal.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152366 by Jerri
Replied by Jerri on topic ESA re-assessments Backlog

shelam wrote: Hi Jerri

Not much help to offer here - I guess you will have to wait for your reassessment, and offer all the evidence you have of your on-going condition and proposed surgeries; it will then be up to the decision maker, who will have to decide whether or not you are make a miraculous recovery(!!) or will need a considerable amount of time to recover and recuperate.

As to whether you will automatically qualify for the support group, it would seem to be quite likely, BUT the decision maker might have other views, in which case you will have to request MR and/or appeal.

Thanks for your input shelam. I am new to benifits as I have worked for the last 43 years . I have been on ESA since last Spring. What do you mean by "request MR?"

More
8 years 2 months ago #152373 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA re-assessments Backlog

Jerri wrote: Thanks for your input shelam. I am new to benifits as I have worked for the last 43 years . I have been on ESA since last Spring. What do you mean by "request MR?"

If you are unhappy with the award you receive then you can ask for it to be looked at again by the DWP, this process is called a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR), you need the DWP to carry out an MR before you can lodge an appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerri

More
8 years 2 months ago #152377 by Jerri
Thanks to both of you fror your promptness in replying.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152694 by Jerri
Are ESA re-assessments, for people already in the support group now getting completed on time, or is the schedule still on time? If behind, how far behind schedule are Maximus please?
How big is the backlog?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.