× Members

ATOS Called Tonight - Help

More
8 years 1 month ago #152827 by Fizz
ATOS Called Tonight - Help was created by Fizz
Hi there,

Atos called my flatmate tonight at just after 6.30pm to book an assessment.

She specified in the PIP form she filled out a month ago that she cannot manage the phone. Her GP requested a home visit as she faints when she stands up due to neurological damage and also has other serious physical and mental health problems from chemo damage and simply cannot go to an assessment.

I had opened what I thought was the awaited brown envelope today and saw an award for high rate mobility and care and mistakenly told her that she had got the full PIP she applied for in January so she was so relieved. I had misread it. It was DLA 'award' letter of no substance just repeating her current award which runs out in 2 months.

She told the ATOS caller she had an award for a year as that's what she thought based on what I told her. She told them she was too ill to answer security etc. She thought her sister was calling (she normally wont answer the phone but there is an emergency relating to her nephew so she did). ATOS man said she should call the DWP. She said she could not as she is not well. The ATOS man said he would return her file to the DWP.

Does this mean she will be cut off as ATOS return her file to DWP?
What would you advise she can do. This is a mess. Any help greatly received. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152840 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS Called Tonight - Help
Fizz

The most likely outcome is that ATOS will write to her with an appointment for a face to face, but it might be worth her phoning the DWP on Monday to explain the confusion, she should emphasise the fact that she asked not to be contacted by phone.

If she cannot make the call herself, which from your post sounds likely, then someone can call on her behalf, but se will need to be present to answer the security questions and to authorise the DWP to speak to the person.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152844 by Fizz
Replied by Fizz on topic ATOS Called Tonight - Help
Dear Gordon,

Thank you very much for your help. This situation has resulted in severe panic and I think I need the emergency psychiatrist for her tonight, so thank you very much for helping calm things down.

I will do the call for her on Monday morning. I think it is disgusting that they phoned her when they know that she is on 20mg of Diazepam a day and in the care of a psychiatrist as a young woman whose life was cut down by cancer. This was specifically stated in the form.

I will also phone Macmillan. Thank you again so much for your help.

Her GP, who is Head of a large East End London practice, wrote a letter submitted with her PIP form to explain that she cannot go anywhere as she falls over when she stands up due to chemo damage, so must have a home visit assessment.

Are they allowed to ignore that and harass her in this way? I think this is cruel.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152846 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS Called Tonight - Help
Fizz

It's more likely that the staff who make the appointments were not informed of the problem, but that does not mean that she should not make a complaint.

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/after_your_Consultation

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #152847 by Fizz
Many thanks Gordon. I think I need to phone emergency services now. She's locked in the toilet and a box of 28 Diazepam 5mg I picked up for her Monday are missing off the table.

More
8 years 1 month ago #152887 by Fizz
Is there anything I can do against ATOS?

She took an overdose last night because of them calling. Ambulance took her. She is still in A&E.

The form clearly stated "no phone calls" as she is very mentally unwell and on strong psych meds due to the trauma of cancer and massive chemotherapy damage.

Any help or guidance much appreciated. It is so cruel that they have done this to her.

They had a GP home visit letter as well. Do they even bother to read what they were sent?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.