× Members

Pip assessment at home

More
8 years 1 month ago #152971 by chloebarnes
Pip assessment at home was created by chloebarnes
Hi
An assessor is to visit me at home for my assessment. I did not ask for this. Any advice or info on how to cope with this would be well received.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152990 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip assessment at home
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work Forum :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions in this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You don't say whether your PIP Assessment Provider (AP) is ATOS or Capita, but Capita do tend to offer more Home Assessments than ATOS.

This could be a positive indication that they have accepted that your limitations restrict your ability to make the return trip to/from a Consultation Centre.

You can read what to expect from around Page 69 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

The following may help further :

An insight into how the PIP Assessor fills in The PA4 Medical Report : Here.

The latest version of : The PIP Assessment Guide which was updated on 28th July 2015.

You can choose the room that it is to take place in, and the Assessor should not need to see any other rooms, nor do they have the power to insist that they should.

You can of course point them towards any aids/adaptations that you use that may be in another room , if you wish.

You can have someone else present for support and they can take notes !!

Good luck and please return here to let us know how you got on !! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.