× Members

Another ESA50 form to complete Please help/advise

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153242 by bro58

tabby026 wrote: Thanks.

With regards to additional evidence, if I was able to get a letter from my GP, would it be helpful to include something along the lines of.....

A list of my current conditions
That I was placed in the Support group under descriptor.....
Say that I still need to be in the Support Group
as my conditions have not improved or changed in any way

Hi t026,

If you are to write a letter to your G.P. requesting a letter of support, try and shy away from being seen to "lead" your G.P.

You could ask them to provide confirmation of the medical conditions that they treat you for and the medication that they prescribe.

You could print off copy of : The Functional Support Group (SG) (LCWRA) Schedule 3 Activities/Descriptors , attach the copy to your letter and ask them to comment on which of the ESA SG Activities/Descriptors are applicable to you due to the limitations that you suffer as a result of your medical conditions.

That way, you are not telling them which Activities/Descriptors apply to you, which could be seen as "leading" !!

This also cuts down on the chances of your G.P. writing "Mr X tells me that they suffer xxxx limitations in carrying out Activity/Descriptor xx or "Mrs X states that they can only "Mobilise" xx metres Repeatedly, Reliably and Safely for the Majority of The Time."

I am afraid that unless you have a very supportive G.P. you may have to settle for what they choose to write, then elaborate further yourself.

Basically, you need confirmation of the medical conditions that you suffer with.

Then list the limitations that you suffer as a result of the medical conditions.

Then tie the resulting limitations into the applicable Activities/Descriptor where the limitations suffered would prevent you from carrying out the Activity Repeatedly, Reliable and Safely for The Majority of The Time.

See This Post from Gordon.

Although it is with regards to PIP, the same would apply for relevant ESA Activities.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153371 by tabby026
Just a quick question, if my GP was unable to do a letter for me, could I get my private osteopath do write a letter? Would she qualify as a Healthcare Professional, even though she is not working for the NHS?

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #153387 by bro58

tabby026 wrote: Just a quick question, if my GP was unable to do a letter for me, could I get my private osteopath do write a letter? Would she qualify as a Healthcare Professional, even though she is not working for the NHS?

Hi t026,

You can again a letter of support from any treating HCP, friends, relatives support workers or carers, so I see no reason why your Osteopath could not provide one.

Them not working for the NHS is not relevant !!

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.