× Members

help with dla and esa

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151979 by fawndog
help with dla and esa was created by fawndog
hello I am a new member and at present I am on dla/esa but going to have a assessment sometime in august at the mo I am in a support group as I have a motor neurone disease but its the pma type which is progressive muscle atrophy and just wondering if I would need to have a face to face assessement. could you try and shed some light on this for me or could you tell me what will come first.bit confused with all the cock ups ids is doing lol many thanks fawndog (peter)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152006 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic help with dla and esa
Hi Peter and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The first sign you will get of the reassessment will be when a new ESA50 form lands on your doormat. It is impossible to predict whether you will be called for a face2face assessment or not but the better case you make of your application, the better your chances of getting through on paper only. You should approach the reassessment as if it was a new claim and include all supporting evidence. Don't assume that the assessor (be it paper or in person) has any prior knowledge of you or your condition.

I suggest you prepare yourself by having a look at our ESA guide. If you wish you can get ahead of the game by starting to complete the PDF form.

ESA claims and appeals

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

If you have more questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to answer. It helps us - and you- greatly if everything on the topic of your ESA claim is kept in one place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now.

Thank you in anticipation of your co-operation in this matter :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153243 by fawndog
Replied by fawndog on topic help with dla and esa
Hello
I am new to the forum and sometime this august or before I will be re-assessed for my dla to pip and also my esa I have a motor neurone disease which is the pma type (progressive muscle atrophy) and would like to know what guides are the best to read or print out so that I can fill out the dreaded forms which will drop through my letterbox when the time comes.
and help me fill out with help.

many thanks
peter (fawndog)

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153253 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic help with dla and esa

peter wrote: Hello
I am new to the forum and sometime this august or before I will be re-assessed for my dla to pip and also my esa I have a motor neurone disease which is the pma type (progressive muscle atrophy) and would like to know what guides are the best to read or print out so that I can fill out the dreaded forms which will drop through my letterbox when the time comes.
and help me fill out with help.

many thanks
peter (fawndog)

Hi p,

I notice that you have made a similar query in a different topic Here which I will merge with this one.

In future, can you please keep all your ESA related queries to this topic, and any PIP queries that you may have should be made in a separate PIP topic.

With regards to ESA, you could make a start now by :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (aka CHDA, aka HAAS.)

But you don't have to do anything until you receive your hard copy ESA50 through the post.

Again with PIP, you do not have to do anything until you receive your PIP "invite" through the post.

Unfortunately, there is no PDF version of the PIP 2 Form, but there is a download link in our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page) for a "Sample" PIP 2 (and a "Sample" PIP 1)

See also : This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.