× Members

Not entitled to either rate of The Mobility compon

More
8 years 1 month ago #153266 by Lynnie57
I have been awarded Daily Living component of PIP but not entitled to either rate of The Mobility PIP, i did a mandatory reconsideration , and they still say i am not entitled. So i am now going to appeal.
My mobility has got worse over the last six months and seems to be getting worse day by day now, i cannot walk far i walk with a stick but i feel that i may have to resort to a wheelchair as i am in so much pain.
I was awarded 0 points as they say i can plan and follow a route of a journey unaided, which i feel i didn't understand the question at the meeting, i cannot go anywhere without my husband.
And then got 4 points for Moving around , You can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres either aided or unaided. I cannot go anywhere unaided and i feel i have got to the position now that i cannot walk more than 50 metres . i have to stop and if possible sit down. This is causing me a great deal of pain and i get very upset as i cannot walk far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153268 by Gordon
Lynnie

A couple of thing that you need to be aware of.

The Tribunal can only consider your waking ability as it was at the time of the Decision, if the distance you can walk has reduced since that time then the panel will not be able to consider it.

If the problems you have with Going Out are physical and linked to your walking then it is unlikely that you will score points for this activity. It looks at the issues a claimant would have planning and following a route due to mental health, cognitive or sensory issues, physical problems are only considered as part of the Moving Around activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153277 by Lynnie57
Thank you Gordon,
I really do not know what to do now as i am in so much pain with oesteo-arthritis in my whole body, but especially painful in my hips, knees, ankles although i have it in my hands, shoulders, arms. I cannot get out much at all now and do not go anywhere without my husband.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.