× Members

Claim for PIP

• Chris.w
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153346 by Chris.w
Claim for PIP was created by Chris.w
Hi,after returning my PIP form on 16/12/2015 and having had my medical assessment on 02/02/2016 I rang them last week for an update and requested a copy of my medical assessment,according to the assessor I have got 8 points for the Daily Living Abilities and 12 points for the mobility.i am transferring from DLA to PIP, I am currently still on DLA until I have a response from them,at the moment I am on the higher rate of mobility and nothing for personal care.Surely I should have had a decision by now? When I rang earlier last week they just told me it's with the decision maker,but if I have the medical report they must have it also,my question is do the decision makers have to agree with the assesses or can they still turn me down?...Sorry for the long winded post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153347 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Claim for PIP

Chris.w wrote: Hi,after returning my PIP form on 16/12/2015 and having had my medical assessment on 02/02/2016 I rang them last week for an update and requested a copy of my medical assessment,according to the assessor I have got 8 points for the Daily Living Abilities and 12 points for the mobility.i am transferring from DLA to PIP, I am currently still on DLA until I have a response from them,at the moment I am on the higher rate of mobility and nothing for personal care.Surely I should have had a decision by now? When I rang earlier last week they just told me it's with the decision maker,but if I have the medical report they must have it also,my question is do the decision makers have to agree with the assesses or can they still turn me down?...Sorry for the long winded post

The DWP make the Decision, in the majority of claims they follow the advice of the assessor but they are no bound by it and we do see examples where the Decision Maker has made a different award than that which was recommended.

I'm afraid the decision making process seems to have become more protracted since the New Year, our current estimate is 3-5 weeks which you are still just within. I would chase them again next week, unfortunately there is no timescale that the DM has to work to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris.w

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.