× Members

Reassessment for esa

More
8 years 1 month ago #153353 by cmt
Reassessment for esa was created by cmt
I have been on ESA in the support group for the past 8 years, twice I have been placed in the support group and seen once by an ATOS doctor. I received a reassessment form in January which had to be returned to Capita by 3 Rd February 2016 which I duly did. I haven't heard anything since then and just after I sent it in I was diagnosed with a congenital neuro muscular condition and am going next week to see the neurology team at my local hospital as a follow up. Can you please tell me:-
1) should I ring to see what is happening re my reassessment?
2) should I send in this new information or tell them by phone?
3) is this a normal amount of time to be waiting to hear?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153354 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Reassessment for esa

cmt wrote: I have been on ESA in the support group for the past 8 years, twice I have been placed in the support group and seen once by an ATOS doctor. I received a reassessment form in January which had to be returned to Capita by 3 Rd February 2016 which I duly did. I haven't heard anything since then and just after I sent it in I was diagnosed with a congenital neuro muscular condition and am going next week to see the neurology team at my local hospital as a follow up. Can you please tell me:-
1) should I ring to see what is happening re my reassessment?
2) should I send in this new information or tell them by phone?
3) is this a normal amount of time to be waiting to hear?
Thanks.

Hi cmt,

Was this " reassessment form in January" for PIP or ESA, as Capita deal with PIP ??

The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15 now carry out ESA WCA Assessments/Reassessments.

You could contact the appropriate Assessment Provider regarding the fresh evidence, Maximus as above for ESA and Contact Capita. for PIP !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.