× Members

PIP APPEAL

More
8 years 4 months ago #146384 by Bel
Replied by Bel on topic PIP APPEAL
Hi Gordon,

Thank you for getting back to me.
I was awarded 10 points for mobility as l do experience problems with walking. I walk with 2 walking sticks which have moulded handles to help my hands and wrists, my walking is very slow because of the chronic pain in my lower back.

The HP noted on my report that l have reduction of my hip and ankle movement on examination. So the descriptor l got was 12,D.

Yes both my son and daughter still live at home with me, my son suffers with agoraphobia, so hence the reason why l always have someone with me during the day when my daughter is at College.

Thanks
Bel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153435 by Bel
Replied by Bel on topic PIP APPEAL
Hi All,

I am really worried as l asked for a MR and got my decision letter on the 02/03/2016 but actually got the letter on the 5th. I phoned welfare rights to arrange help with filling in the SSC1 form and was told l would get a call with in a week , this never happened l phoned a further 3 times with the last time the Development and Implementation Manager phoned me to say sorry. She told me to phone again and get the receptionist to make me an appointment (a message had been sent to say give me an appointment straight away at the earliest one available) which is the 17th March after my one month time limit. I was told to send a letter stating that l want to Appeal and that l needed help with my form also to state when my appointment was and that l would send the form in then..

I received a letter from the Tribunal thanking me for my application which l have not sent in yet. Should l phone them?, and when filling in the form it says if its late give reasons why. Should l ask the adviser if they will fill this part in as this wasn't my fault ?

I have got the e-mail from the Development and Implementation Manager stating about the problems getting me an appointment. Should l send them to confirm this.

Kind regards
Bel

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153451 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP APPEAL
Hi Bel,

I have merged your question with your previous topic about your PIP claim. It helps us enormously if everything relating to one subject is kept in the same place.

From the letter you received, it sounds as if the Tribunal Service has accepted your appeal, even though the request was not on the official form. What I would do is send in the form as soon as possible with a note saying that it relates to a letter they already have.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP appeal related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.