× Members

DLA/PIP CONFUSED?

More
8 years 2 months ago #151499 by Mags72
DLA/PIP CONFUSED? was created by Mags72
Hi, can anyone help me please? I have been waiting nearly 6 months for my PIP Assessment. I have now received the appointment for a home assessment next Monday. I am so depressed and anxious about this. Suffering from a range of physical condition's and mental health problems. Can anyone advise how a home visit is carried out and what to expect.
Any help would be appreciated. My husband is my carer and he will be with me.
Thanks in Anticipation :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151503 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA/PIP CONFUSED?

Margaret wrote: Hi, can anyone help me please? I have been waiting nearly 6 months for my PIP Assessment. I have now received the appointment for a home assessment next Monday. I am so depressed and anxious about this. Suffering from a range of physical condition's and mental health problems. Can anyone advise how a home visit is carried out and what to expect.
Any help would be appreciated. My husband is my carer and he will be with me.
Thanks in Anticipation :(

Hi M,

Welcome to Benefits and Work Forum :)

In a PIP face to face, the physical exam part of is generally pretty basic, it is more of a Q & A session.

If they ask you carry out any actions that would cause you pain, discomfort or risk whilst doing so, you can refuse.

You should make it absolutely clear that you are not simply refusing point blank and explain why you are refusing.

The Assessor should then make allowances !

You can read what to expect from around page 69 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

You could also read through the latest version of : The PIP Assessment Guide which was updated on 28th July 2015 and gives guidance on how the Assessor should carry out the PIP Assessment.

For a Home Assessment, you can choose the room where you wish the Assessment to take place, and the Assessor should not want to look around your home.

You may of course want to point out any Aids or Adaptations that you need to use to carry out any Activities that may be in another room.

You can have someone else present, and they can take notes.

A quick "heads up", PIP Assessors can turn up early, or not turn up at all !

Hardly any members at all have reported problems with a Home Assessment, other than not turning up, lateness or being early !!

Please let us know how you got on !

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #151608 by Mags72
Replied by Mags72 on topic DLA/PIP CONFUSED?
Thank You Bro58. That's a great help. I will keep you posted and hopefully I can get on with my life. :)

More
8 years 1 month ago #152940 by Mags72
I had my home assessment and was extremely distressed throughout. The Medical Professional was nice but because of my mental health issues I couldn't cope with another assessment. It lasted 2hrs 40 minutes!!
It's only today I feel I am calming down.
The examiner said it could take 6/8 weeks before I will hear anything. I feel ill everyday with worry. Rather put an end to it than go through this. Can anyone tell me what the average time is for a decision
Thank You in Anticipation x
Feeling really low

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152953 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA/PIP CONFUSED?

Margaret wrote: I had my home assessment and was extremely distressed throughout. The Medical Professional was nice but because of my mental health issues I couldn't cope with another assessment. It lasted 2hrs 40 minutes!!
It's only today I feel I am calming down.
The examiner said it could take 6/8 weeks before I will hear anything. I feel ill everyday with worry. Rather put an end to it than go through this. Can anyone tell me what the average time is for a decision
Thank You in Anticipation x
Feeling really low

Hi M,

I will merge this topic with your other PIP related topic for continuity ! :)

I am sorry to read that your Face to Face was so traumatic and draining !!!! :(

It was taking around 2-4 weeks for the PIP DM to inform the claimant of their decision, but we have seen a slowing down of the whole process since New Year !!

You could give it a week or so then ring The PIP Helpline for an update :

PIP helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Whilst on the phone, you could also request a copy of the PA 4 Medical Report which The PIP Assessor would have compiled as a result of your Face to Face and sent to The DWP PIP DM who makes the final decision.

Some members have managed to obtain copy of their PA4 before the decision has been made, whilst others have had to wait until after the decision.

In the mean time try to switch off from it all and try not to worry !!! :)

Here is hoping for a positive result and please keep us all updated !! :)

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153634 by Mags72
Hi. Hope someone can help me with the following.
I applied for PIP had my home assessment on the 29th February. This morning I have received a letter stating what I have previously been awarded on DLA HIGHER RATE FOR BOTH COMPONENTS UNTIL 2019. This is just the same as before. However, the last page states that when a decision has been made about my PIP they will notify me and invite me to apply. I have already completed the PIP had a home assessment so I am so confused as to what is happening? I know I will still receive a benefit but is this a continuance of DLA or do I need to wait for another decision about PIP? When I first read the letter I have assumed that I have had a decision for PIP now I am not too sure at all. Sorry I've not attached this to my previous question's but not sure how to do that. PLEASE HELP I AM ABSOLUTELY SUICIDAL!! THANK YOU x

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.