× Members

Pip claim from dla

More
8 years 2 months ago #150319 by deborah
Pip claim from dla was created by deborah
Hi..i have been reading that you cant claim pip succesfully if you dont have a diagnosis for mental health..i am waiting to hear about my sons pip for a psychosis..although doctors have made a diagnosis for psychotic illness they are not sure what type..does this mean i have wasted my time
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150328 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Pip claim from dla
Hi
The way PIP claims work is that you have to relate how your health affects you in carrying out the activities on the form. You then get supporting evidence.
If the consultant can suport what you have put on the form in relation to this it doesn't matter so much that thee is no exact diagnosis, the consultant can also verify this in the supporting evidence.

More
8 years 2 months ago #150365 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Pip claim from dla
Hi yes you can. If you can include any psych diagnosis or care plan type info that can help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deborah

More
8 years 2 months ago #150446 by deborah
Replied by deborah on topic Pip claim from dla
I have sent hospital letters with diagnosis as he was recently sectioned and care plan with covering letter from his cpn..so hopefully fingers crossed thankyou

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153761 by deborah
Replied by deborah on topic Pip claim from dla
Hi i have received a letter saying we have all the reports and information about how your condition affects you..we will contact you when we have made a decision..does this mean a medical woant be nessasery and are doing a paper assesment ..has anyone else had a letter like this
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153781 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip claim from dla
Hi Deborah,

I have merged your query with your previous PIP topic. It helps us enormously if everything is kept in the same place!

Yes, it certainly sounds as if you have been spared a f2f assessment, especially if the letter came from DWP. You should expect to get a decision within 6 weeks, here's hoping it is what you deserve.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.