× Members

pip decision

More
8 years 1 month ago #154128 by trisha
pip decision was created by trisha
I only was awarded 4 points for moving around part of mobility yet the decision makes says clearely on letter I have decided that you can stand and walk 20 metres with aid but no more than 50 metres but she only awarded me 4 points instead of 10 the hp ar assessment reckons I could walk up to 200 metres with aid I am very confused has the decision maker made mistake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154141 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip decision

trisha wrote: I only was awarded 4 points for moving around part of mobility yet the decision makes says clearely on letter I have decided that you can stand and walk 20 metres with aid but no more than 50 metres but she only awarded me 4 points instead of 10 the hp ar assessment reckons I could walk up to 200 metres with aid I am very confused has the decision maker made mistake

We've seen these mistakes a couple of times recently. You need to contact the DWP about the issue, I would recommend that you ask to speak to a manager as I would not expect the call centre staff to be able to help, this will require a call back which may take up to five days.

Even though the Decision Maker's Statement of Reasons seems to indicate that you should have scored more points, you cannot assume that they will assume that this is where the error is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #154255 by trisha
Replied by trisha on topic pip decision
Thanks Gordon I have written about this to DWP as I have asked for reconsideration as I was only awarded low rate of the care I was unlucky I had a terrible assessor who was so rude and impatient with me eventhough I am in a wheel chair and can not walk 20 metres and recently lost my son and 68 yrs old she had me in tears she was asking questions and kept telling me yes you can do it she did this on loads of questions she was a real bully could not go through this again thanks Trisha

More
8 years 1 month ago #154372 by Paul t
Replied by Paul t on topic pip decision
hi trish same thing has happened to me last week,exactly the same! phoned dwp straight away and they said they couldnt understand why it happened said it needed to be sent over to the case manager

More
8 years 1 month ago #154388 by Paul t
Replied by Paul t on topic pip decision
hi trish last week i had the same thing happen there finding 20 to 50 metres aided or unaided max then inserted in table of points 50 to 200 metres rang them striaight away they sent mine over to a case manager hopefully to rectifiy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.