× Members

PIP Assessment

More
8 years 1 month ago #154340 by Tongey
PIP Assessment was created by Tongey
I have just gone through my Assessment and been totally declined for PIP! Having been on DLA since 2010 and been getting progressively worse with my conditions I was astonished by this.
However, the Decison maker has based his decision on the report for my assessment which I can prove is factually incorrect (the distance I walked into the assessment was short of 10 metres BUT they have recorded this as in excess of 30 metres, there are other areas of misrepresentation and distortion). This is besides the fact they have chosen to ignore most of what was discussed and proven at this medical.
The report I got from them, in effect, is calling me a LIAR. However, I can prove it is they who are operating under this banner.
I would like to publicise this action and would appreciate any assistance or contacts that may be able to help me with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154362 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP Assessment
Hi Tongey

I understand your anger at what has happened, but I don't think that we would be able to help you with regard to proving any alleged wrongdoing by the assessor/decision maker.

What I would suggest you might do, since you seem absolutely certain of your facts, is approach your MP. Gather all your supportive evidence and take copies of all documents and present him with the facts of your case. Some MPs can be very helpful in cases like yours, and the more people who object to their treatment at the hands of the DWP etc, the more MPs are going to have to take notice.

Sorry not to be of more help but I really think this is your best move.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154379 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Assessment
Hi Tongey,

I'm sorry you are going through this :(

I'm a little confused regarding how far through the claim process you are and which benefit you are talking about. Is this still your DLA - PIP? I think you were going to an appeal tribunal over this?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.