× Members

Pip Question on moving around

More
8 years 1 month ago #154401 by heartandmind
Pip Question on moving around was created by heartandmind
Hi there,

I am doing my DLA to PIP form and highly anxious whilst doing it, I have an anxiety disorder amongst other conditions. I have read all your guides, but my anxiety is so high that my mind has gone blank and I cannot make sense of some of the qualifying criteria for points.

Please could you help on the moving around question. :On Most days I am unable to stand and move outside at all, but I can move indoors slowly with rests in between. However I am able to move more than 200 metres once a week (or maybe twice at most). I will still be fatigued and in pain and will need to rest when I get back and I would certainly not be able to go out for days afterwards. My question is will I still qualify for some points even if I can move 200 metres once or twice a week?.

Thank you,
Heartnmind

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154449 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Question on moving around
heartandmind

I'm afraid we can't definitely say whether you would receive points or not as it will be dependant on how you describe your problems.

The requirement is that you can reliably, on the majority of days, stand and move (walk).

Reliably is explained in the PIP Claim guide.

So you need to explain how far you can walk reliably, and how your ability to walk reliably varies over a week or a month as applicable. If you can show that you cannot reliably walk more than 20m on the majority of days then you are assessing your self as scoring 12 points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: heartandmind

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.