× Members

Back Dating of ESA

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154519 by jasba123
Back Dating of ESA was created by jasba123
Dear All,
Because of my Bi Polar Affective Disorder - i requested DWP to close my incapacity benefit claim, informing them I was going to find a job as a rag and bone man
The date of the stoppage of IB was 25th of March 2015.

In Nov 2015, i made an applaication for ESA .

This was back dated to Aug 2015 if medical evidence could support the claim (which It did)

I requested back-dating of ESA to the date my Benefit was closed, i.e. Mar 25th 2015. (I have provided medical evidence /sick note backdated to the 25th of March 2015)

DWP allowed back dating of benefit to May 5th 2015 (they claim this is a further 3 months of back-dating)

DWP will not allow back-dating of ESA Benefit to March 25th 2015, claiming that the backdating of benefit they allowed to may 5th 2015 is the maximum they are allowed under current guidelines etc.

I would be grateful for forum members assistance and feedback on this matter.

Thank You kindly

James
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154524 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Back Dating of ESA

James wrote: Dear All,
Because of my Bi Polar Affective Disorder - i requested DWP to close my incapacity benefit claim, informing them I was going to find a job as a rag and bone man
The date of the stoppage of IB was 25th of March 2015.

In Nov 2015, i made an applaication for ESA .

This was back dated to Aug 2015 if medical evidence could support the claim (which It did)

I requested back-dating of ESA to the date my Benefit was closed, i.e. Mar 25th 2015. (I have provided medical evidence /sick note backdated to the 25th of March 2015)

DWP allowed back dating of benefit to May 5th 2015 (they claim this is a further 3 months of back-dating)

DWP will not allow back-dating of ESA Benefit to March 25th 2015, claiming that the backdating of benefit they allowed to may 5th 2015 is the maximum they are allowed under current guidelines etc.

I would be grateful for forum members assistance and feedback on this matter.

Thank You kindly

James

Hi J,

Welcome to Benefits and Work Forum :)

I am afraid that by law. 3 months is the maximum period that an ESA claim can be backdated, even if your fit note covers you further back than that.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.