× Members

PIP

More
8 years 1 month ago #155052 by Sue Wilson
PIP was created by Sue Wilson
HI, I have received my decision letter from DWP for PIP and have been awarded standard rate living component and standard mobility. I missed out on full care by 1 point and full mobility by two. I mistakenly told them I could manage and plan journeys. I am I right that if I need someone with me to take out my wheelchair out of the car and help me into it and then push me, means I cant manage or plan journeys? It is all very confusing. What is the definition of this question? Is it worth me appealing and telling them I had mistakenly ticked that box with supporting evidence from my friends and family? Or do I run the risk of losing everything? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155056 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP
Hi Sue,

I am sorry that the PIP decision is not what you had hoped for. The PIP descriptors have been deliberately selected as a means of saving money. Many people are finding that there PIP awards are lower than the DLA they were on and that this is entirely proper bearing in mind the new descriptors :(

The 'planning a route' descriptor will score points for people with mental, sensory or cognitive deficits. I would not anyone to score if they do not have problems in these areas. The highest scoring descriptor for the 'mobility' question is brutal as the walking distance is now set at less than 20m. However, don't forget the 'safely, reliably, in a timely manner' issues.

I suggest you go back and have a look at the PIP guide to identify where you believe you should have scored points.

If you feel that 1) your current award is safe and 2) you can show that you should have scored more points your next step would be to request a Mandatory Reconsideration. This is also covered in depth in the PIP guide.

It might be helpful for you to request a copy of the assessor's report but you should not delay in requesting the MR if the report has not arrived.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sue Wilson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.