× Members

pip assessment delays

• kelvin harris
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #155086 by kelvin harris
pip assessment delays was created by kelvin harris
Having been on DLA for the last six years I received the letter telling me to apply for PIP[. This was in December 20125 (given a short timespan to reply). Eventually I was invited to a face to face assessment in the first week February 2016.Heard nothing until today when a brown envelope arrived to say that they are sorry for delay but will contact me soon with decision! Is this normal? Does this mean I am likely to lose my awards or be awarded a lower rate? My DLA expired on the 24 March 2016 and also my Blue badge has expired (cannot get this renewed until DWP send me a decision) Has anyone else suffered the same problems and what was the timespan/outcome to result letter?.
Steve , you asked about distances to face to face interviews....I had to travel some 40 miles to a city centre and return. Couldn't take car as I can't do busy city traffic so had to go by rail and then taxi.I did request a different location but was informed(by ATOS Newcastle) that this was the only venue available for the area.
I also had problems when discovering that the train arrived in Swindon just 4 minutes before my app. I once again phoned AtOS to be told bluntly that if I arrived late I would be turned away!!!!!
Luckily the office lady in Swindon was more accommodating and understood by delaying my app. 15 minutes.
The whole matter was a nightmare and extremely stressful to say the least.
To cap it all the Healthcare professional who carried out the interview was obviously not trained in my particular field .She even suggested that one of my conditions (DISH) was a rare disease! If secondary spinal bone growth is rare..then so be it.
Maybe these people should read up the notes prior to the meeting and carry out a study for that individuals problems. Moan over..many thanks for great site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155097 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip assessment delays
Hi K and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

By the end of last year DWP had cleared the PIP backlog and many people reported their claims being decided very quickly. However, it's back to normal now, with everything taking twice as long as it should :( Hence the letter you received is very common. No conclusions can be drawn from it in relation to the eventual decision I'm afraid.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.