× Members

please help

More
8 years 2 months ago #149653 by LindaLou22
Replied by LindaLou22 on topic please help
Sorry my posts don't appear straight away so I keep thinking I must have sent them properly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149655 by LindaLou22
I just feel like giving up I know I'll have to appeal the interview went horrible I forgot to mention a lot of stuff and made it look like I could cope fine when I can't at all I totally rely on family to care for me. Is it even worth making an appeal? What are the success rates? I'm going to mKe a doctors appointment and ask for evidence also going to ask for help for anxiety & depression (something I've put off for far to long) my gran and mum will right me letters to add to my appeal. I've started a diry about difficult us I have on a daily basis Anyone got anymore tips for me?

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #149660 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic please help
Hi
Messages have to be approved and wait in a queue for one of us til then.
Official opening hours are 2`4pm and 8`10 pm weekdays.
You may get an answer out of these hours if one of us comes on and deals with them.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #149662 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic please help
Hi
Don't despair.
Read the success stories on here.
Your plan sounds like an excellent idea. Get the support of everyone you can. Are there any charities supporting any of your conditions? Google them and see if they offer any support.
It will make you feel better just to put some plans into action.
Being prepared may just then be a waste of time when you get your award but if not read the guide to appeals for additional info. You need to be prepared to get a copy of the assessors report. You could ring and ask for a copy. Sometimes they just send one out so you can even read it before the award comes and be prepared to challenge things in the report.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149672 by Boomer
Replied by Boomer on topic please help
Hello LindaLou, Im just a normal person on here getting advice just like you.

Don't despair, I thought I had prepared pretty well for my assessment but in all honesty its a game of chance as to whether you get an assessor that genuinely cares about your situation.

I had my assessment last Monday and am waiting to hear the outcome though Its fair to say I felt a bit like you seem in your post. I came out thinking that there is simply no chance on this earth the assessor really, genuinely heard and understood what I was trying to get across.

Since then, Ive been through my despair stage, worry stage and now im into my more productive "anger" stage. :)
By anger I mean the type that makes you want to dig your heels in and not give up. Remember, your not in the wrong, your just asking the DWP and ATOS for help when you need it. Nothing more.

I haven't even heard back from DWP but im already planning what I do for the Mandatory Assessment and the inevitable tribunal that is likely to follow. It makes me feel less helpless I suppose.

It sounds like your doing similar in your own way, the diary and setting up appointments etc. Dont feel ashamed in any way for seeking help for your depression. Its a serious illness. Just as we go to the doctors if we have a physical problem with us, a mental problem is just as serious and nothing you should feel you need to hide. Its also much more common than you can imagine trust me.

It sounds like you have a very supportive family and that really helps at times like this. That together with the great help from this forum could see your life on a far better track by Spring.

Best of luck and keep up the fight!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LindaLou22

More
8 years 2 months ago #149700 by LindaLou22
Thankyou its camphorting to know I'm not alone in this

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.