× Members

Phone call

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155694 by Doretta
Phone call was created by Doretta
Help please I'm so frighted! I had a phone call today to say that I was to have someone visit me in my own home after I have sent in my form. They said it will be next Monday, I agreed to the visit made the appointment then I said I wanted the meeting to be recorded!! she then said she would have to phone me back! she called back 5 mins later and said the appointment had to be cancelled because the lady who was coming refuses to be recorded due to implications!!!!!
Now I'm really frighted. She said she would call me back with another appointment! Has anyone else been through this also having them around my home!! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 weeks ago #155727 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Phone call

Doretta wrote: Help please I'm so frighted! I had a phone call today to say that I was to have someone visit me in my own home after I have sent in my form. They said it will be next Monday, I agreed to the visit made the appointment then I said I wanted the meeting to be recorded!! she then said she would have to phone me back! she called back 5 mins later and said the appointment had to be cancelled because the lady who was coming refuses to be recorded due to implications!!!!!
Now I'm really frighted. She said she would call me back with another appointment! Has anyone else been through this also having them around my home!! :(

Hi D,

I will merge this PIP related query with your other PIP related topic for continuity !!

You are entitled to 7 days notice in writing for an appointment for a PIP face to face assessment, unless you agree to take a shorter notice one.

You don't say who your PIP Assessment Provider (AP) is ? (ATOS or Capita)

You can contact your PIP Assessment Provider (AP) (ATOS/Capita) by E-mail/Telephone :

Contact Capita.

Contact ATOS PIP (Top right of page)

If you are unsure who your PIP AP is, you can check : Here.

With either, Home Assessments are provided, so there is nothing abnormal in you being offered one.

It could even be seen as a positive in that they have accepted that your limitations preclude you making the return trip to a PIP Assessment Centre for your face to face.

You should be aware that you are only allowed to rearrange a face to face once under rick of your PIP claim being disqualified if you fail to take part in the second appointment.

You should contact you PIP AP to see whether they are classing this cancellation as your one opportunity to rearrange.

PIP AP;s do not provide the equipment to record your face to face as Maximus do for ESA, so you need to contact them and sort that out as well.

They do allow you to provide your own recording equipment, but this must be capable of making two simultaneous recordings on CD or cassette tape.

This must also be agreed with them beforehand.

We have not had much negative feedback regarding PIP Home Assessments other than the Assessor turning up early, late or not at all !

You can choose the room where you wish the assessment to take place and the Assessor can not look around your home without your permission.

You can of course point them towards any aids/adaptations that you use, if you wish.

You can have someone else present for support and they can take notes !!

You can read what to expect from around Page 69 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

The following may help further :

An insight into how the PIP Assessor fills in The PA4 Medical Report : Here.

The latest version of : The PIP Assessment Guide which was updated on 28th July 2015.

bro58

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155823 by Doretta
Replied by Doretta on topic Phone call
Thank you for the information. Its Capita! I brought the details on how to fill the form in of this site!

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.