× Members

my daughter has, are rare syndrome

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155762 by Michelle Stanton
my daughter has, are rare syndrome was created by Michelle Stanton
Help,

I am reading so many horror stories, I have significant mental health isssues and am struggling with the PIP. my child has a rare syndrome and currently get HR DLA HRC HRM.

she has learning difficulties.

How am i going to cope

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155789 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic my daughter has, are rare syndrome
M

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Is the PIP claim for you or your daughter?

You can try and get help with completing the form, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county, you can also see if there any charities or organisations that support the conditions the claimant is suffering from, they sometimes offer assistance with completing the form.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide, it explains the criteria against which PIP claims are assessed and offers a framework for answering the questions .

I would break the work of answering the questions down into small chunks. For example; for each question, pick one problem you have and write a short sentence explaining the problem using our template, then go back and do the same again for another problem. When you listed all of your problems, go back and expand each sentence to a paragraph (as applicable), explain the problem in more detail.

If start to feel over whelmed by it all, take a break and so something completely different and come back to the form when you feel more capable.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155988 by shell
Replied by shell on topic my daughter has, are rare syndrome
rare condition are handled badly by the dwp as I have one myself my carer has sent in more proof then you would need in a court of law and how it effects my life don't even think that they bother reading it are getting in touch with consultants even when they have asked them to we found the best way is any problems do not be afraid to get your mp involved ours has made a massive difference to how we have be handled good luck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.