× Members

Re:Autistic Spectrum Disorder - Failed ESA Medical

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155758 by DixiePea
Faced similar
My son has autism & a learning disability . With support at the college he attends, he's Bn there 6 yrs , he's done BTEC & now doing a sports degree . He recently qualified for Disability Support Allowance to ensure he had the right educational suppor - this is hard to get but with back up he got it. Passed ESA assessment face to face, passed 2nd ESA assessment paper based.. But failed his DLA to pip assessment with zero points
The fact he is doin a uni course totally gone against him . They aren't looking at his daily living difficulties at all . My son has very violent melt down , self harms, is depressed & suicidal - all discussed at assessment - none of it noted in report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155786 by Gordon

DixiePea wrote: Faced similar
My son has autism & a learning disability . With support at the college he attends, he's Bn there 6 yrs , he's done BTEC & now doing a sports degree . He recently qualified for Disability Support Allowance to ensure he had the right educational suppor - this is hard to get but with back up he got it. Passed ESA assessment face to face, passed 2nd ESA assessment paper based.. But failed his DLA to pip assessment with zero points
The fact he is doin a uni course totally gone against him . They aren't looking at his daily living difficulties at all . My son has very violent melt down , self harms, is depressed & suicidal - all discussed at assessment - none of it noted in report

You've replied to a post from six years ago!!!

You post appears to be more of a comment rather than a question, so I'm unclear as to whether you are looking for support.

If you are then please reply to this post with more details and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155942 by DixiePea
I've requested a copy of the full report
Any advice how to challenge flaws & inaccuracies in the report, for a mandatory reconsideration
That is my query
Thank you

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156012 by Gordon

DixiePea wrote: I've requested a copy of the full report
Any advice how to challenge flaws & inaccuracies in the report, for a mandatory reconsideration
That is my query
Thank you

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.