× Members

esa why are they writing to my gp

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155847 by louisbenji
esa why are they writing to my gp was created by louisbenji
i have been on incapasidy benefit since 206 and getting DLA since 202 i was tranferd to ESA around 3 years ago and was put in the wrag i only had to go to see a personal adviser abot once a year because of my disabilitys i recently had to go to my job centre for a work focused interview then within two days i was sent a capabilityfor work questionare i filled it in answerd every question in detail how my illness afects me 2 months gone by heard nothing so i telephoned today to see what was happening and was told maximus who is dealing with my questionnaire wrote to my gp and they will be making a descision soon can someone please tell me why they have done this i also sent medical evidence prescription of my illneses and medications i take i done this same questionnare around 3 years ago and dont think they wrote to my gp then can someone please tell me is this normal procedure as i thought with all my problems they would have just kept me on the same ESA withot further investigation thankyou for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155860 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa why are they writing to my gp
jacky

All ESA claims are re-assessed on a regular basis so this is perfectly normal.

It's also normal for Maximus to contact the claimants GP, they don't do this for a lot of claims but they do it where they need additional information, it may mean that you do not have to have a face to face assessment.

If you have a look at the ESA guides they explain the process in more detail.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrj050

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.