× Members

Will I recieve a DLA to PIP notification ?

• Richard
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 weeks ago #155879 by Richard
Hi

My son is on indefinite length DLA, in other words there doesn't seem to be a cut off date, he, from what I can gather should be claiming PIP by now, but we've had no notification that he should be applying for PIP, only notices that he stating that in the future he will have to apply for the new benefit, but no "You must claim PIP by, or your benefit will end on" sort of thing.

I know he will have to claim PIP, because he's now 18, and I claimed DLA for him when he was 13 I think, so I think he /I will have to do it, but as I say there's been no notification that his current benefit will end.

Sorry if it's been asked a million times, but he really needs that money, especially as he's now an Adult, albeit only physically.

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155883 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Will I recieve a DLA to PIP notification ?

Richard wrote: Hi

My son is on indefinite length DLA, in other words there doesn't seem to be a cut off date, he, from what I can gather should be claiming PIP by now, but we've had no notification that he should be applying for PIP, only notices that he stating that in the future he will have to apply for the new benefit, but no "You must claim PIP by, or your benefit will end on" sort of thing.

I know he will have to claim PIP, because he's now 18, and I claimed DLA for him when he was 13 I think, so I think he /I will have to do it, but as I say there's been no notification that his current benefit will end.

Sorry if it's been asked a million times, but he really needs that money, especially as he's now an Adult, albeit only physically.

Many thanks in advance

Indefinite awards are being transferred at random. The process started at the end of last year and is currently scheduled to complete during 2018.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.