× Members

Help DLA and PIP stopped because of holiday

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #155899 by denise
can anyone help, my daughter is in the process of being transfered fro DLA to PIP i had booked a holiday some time ago she was feeling down and suicidal so it came at the right time i had helped her to fill iin the PIP claim form in December and phoned both Atos and DWP to inform them of the holiday dates, Atos were unhelpful and said they couldnt guarantee not sending an appointment through whilst we were away, they did then send one, the week before we were leaving which was miles away, i cancelled this, then another arrived the day we were going, even though i had informed them pof holiday dates, which i phoned and cancelled, i phoned the DWP on several ocasions they said they would put a hold on her PIP claim and not to worry and to phone when she was back, today we have got back to find a letter saying she asked for her PIPclaim to be ended and therfore they have done this and her DLA will be ending permanently, i phoned today and gave the correct information that we at no point asked for her claim to be ended we only asked for it to be put on hold for 3 weeks? do i need to ask for a reconsideration of the decision? the woman i spoke to today said she had taken the information that i had not asked for the claim to end and would send it to the relevant departement, she was from DLA, i phoned PIP who requested a manager call me back but this has not happened yet, as you can imagine my daiughter who suffers from mental health issues is now in a terrible state, anyone had anything similar happen?
Many thanks
Denise
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #155917 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Help DLA and PIP stopped because of holiday
Hi Denise and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I have removed your surname from your post in order to give you a degree of anonymity.

Claimants are allowed to cancel only 1 appointment for a face2face assessment without running the risk of the claim being closed. So it might be that this is what happened in your daughter's case, rather than them believing that you asked for the claim to be cancelled. Either way the result is the same and is pretty much the fault of a system that has appointments being made by people who do not have access to your paperwork and this do not know if you have said that any dates will be difficult!

Whatever the reason, you have to deal with the situation as it is, not as we would like it to be! If the file was returned to DWP because of failure to attend an assessment your daughter should be able to explain. Even so, it would be down to the individual decision maker to decide whether being on holiday is classed as 'good cause'!

In the first instance, I think it is worth pushing for that call back. If you contact DWP early on Monday you have a fair chance of hearing back on the same day. At least you/we will then know exactly what you are dealing with.

You might also like to let your MP know how people are being treated.

Contacting your MP

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your queries relating to your daughter's PIP to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.