× Members

Medical assessment for PIP

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155947 by Myfriendlynne
Medical assessment for PIP was created by Myfriendlynne
After submitting my PIP application forms I have received a letter from ATOS saying they would like to come to my home to do the medical assessment consultation. Do you have any advice on what they will be looking for in an at home consultation and what should I do to prepare? I have secondary progressive MS and my vision, walking, cognition, hearing and bladder are all affected but you can only visually see my walking difficulties and I am concerned they will not believe or try to disprove everything. It took me 17 years for my doctors to believe that everything was not down to me being a workaholic/hypochondriac so how can I expect the ATOS rep to believe/understand it all in an hour when all the information seems to say they will try to disprove everything?! Any advice? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #155969 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Medical assessment for PIP
Hi Lyndilou and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Isn't it typical - we have members who have to fight for a home assessment and others who are given one without asking! However, it does suggest that the assessor has accepted that you have considerable problems.

The form of the home assessment will be very similar to any carried out in an assessment centre, our PIP guide gives you a good idea what to expect. You can have someone with you and it is up to you which room is used. The assessor should not ask to see anywhere else in your house and does not have any right to do so - however, if you have certain aids and adaptations that you would like them to see, there is nothing to stop you from showing them.

At the moment, results seem to be taking 4-8 weeks following assessment.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.