× Members

PIP AWARD

• GAIL
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 weeks ago #155948 by GAIL
PIP AWARD was created by GAIL
I RECIEVED MY PIP AWARD TODAY I GOT ENHANCED RATE FOR CARE BUT THY TOOK ME TO STANDARD RATE MOBILTY BCAUSE I DROVE TO THE MEDICAL WITH A FRIND AND I COULD READ DIRECTIONS.
BUT WHEN I HAVE TO ATTEND HOSPITAL 203 MILES AWAY FOR TREATMENT I COULD NOT POSSIBLY DRIVE THAT FAR FOR ONE AND GET LOST .
BUT IF I APPEAL I COULD LOSE THE LOT.
SO MY ADVISE IS SAY YOU CAN`T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. LOL
BUT THEN THEY COULD TAKE YOUR LIECENCE AWAY.
I SUFFERER WITH FYBROMYLIA AND M.E. PLUS BLADDER AND BOWEL INCONITENCE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155959 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP AWARD
Hello Gail

Sorry you didn't get the award you wanted - I think the mobility descriptors are dreadfully difficult to fit in with. It seems that only if you are just about incapable of walking you haven't a chance.

It's right what you say about losing the rest of your award so you will have to wait until you get worse(!!!) Honestly, I think the idea is that everyone is found capable of everything before this Government is satisfied.

I'm glad that you at least qualified for part of the award though. Look after yourself, if you think we can be of any help in the future, get back to us. :)

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155970 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP AWARD
Hi Gail, I'm sorry that things did not go as they should have for you.

Please do not post using all upper case (capitals) as this causes problems for people who use assistive technology to read the forum.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.