× Members

p.i.p home visit ,medical .

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155955 by sliver
p.i.p home visit ,medical . was created by sliver
what can I expect from a p.i.p home visit medical , how many people arrive , what it entails , what will I have to do ,ive been given a window of 2 hours how long will they take ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155957 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic p.i.p home visit ,medical .
Hello Sliver

The only difference between the home visit and the assessment at a centre is the obvious one - you stay home, they come to you.

There is usually only one person doing the assessment; they will go through what you have said on your application form and ask you to explain your issues. You are allowed (and would probably be advised) to have someone with you - for no other reason than for moral support. They will be able to listen to what is said to you and will be there as backup if you need help with remembering things. They do not HAVE to say or do anything.

The assessor is a visitor to your home; he/she is entitled to ask you about your illness and ask you to perform the tasks you would be asked to perform if you went to a centre for assessment. If you can't do something because it it too painful/difficult for you, you are quite within your rights to refuse, BUT please explain that it is too painful/difficult, don't just refuse!

That's all really. Still a worry, but you're spared the problem of getting to the centre etc.

Good luck. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sliver

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #155958 by sliver
Replied by sliver on topic p.i.p home visit ,medical .
Thank you Shelam :)

Silver, I have edited your reply from all upper case as this causes problems for people using assistive technology to read the forum.
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.