× Members

Evidence from 2011?

More
8 years 5 months ago #144078 by lochlisa
Evidence from 2011? was created by lochlisa
hi all, it's that time again, the dreaded brown envelope.

However, one interesting thing is the last question regarding having claimed DLA, and whether or not you wish EMP reports, and GP reports, to be used in your PIP claim.

My EMP report (I got a copy) was detailed, informative, and very accurate, and my GP's shorter report confirmed all my issues. I am sure these helped enormously in the award of indefinite HRM and MRC.

I have ticked that I want both these reports used in my PIP application - was that a wise thing to do?

Waiting on PIP2 form to come now that I have submitted PIP1 as requested.

Dreading the 6 hours or so to complete the form though. Please wish me luck!

Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144098 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Evidence from 2011?
It seems to me that it is a good idea to include the evidence in your original DLA claim.
You can then use any further evidence to show deterioration or fluctuation since then.

Good luck with PIP2

More
8 years 3 months ago #147968 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Evidence from 2011?
Just received letter of appointment to attend face-to-face assessment.

All well and good until I read that the date of assessment was yesterday!

What do they expect me to do? Call Dr Who?

Spoke to CAPITA and they advised me that my file has already been returned to DWP as a no-show and that I need to phone DWP immediately.

Spoke to DWP, and they advised that the DLA home assessment report that I asked to be used in consideration has not been placed on my file, and that I would now have to wait for a new assessment date, and would need a letter from my GP for a home assessment.

So, from posting back the PIP form on 14th Dec they have decided a new assessment is needed, and have not bothered even reading the last DLA home assessment.

So, the anticipated 16 week wait is rubbish, this has all been arranged within a month.

My MP is now on the case, as they are fully aware of the stupidity of all of this.

So, it's watch this space for the next exciting instalment of my DLA to PIP journey.

Lisa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #155997 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Evidence from 2011?
In my move from DLA to PIP the DWP have decided that I am now only entitled to Standard Mobility, and not Enhanced (was on HRM on DLA), and gone from indefinite to 3 years.

They are saying that as the HP found me to be relaxed in my home environment when the visit took place that it was clear that I would be able to leave my home on my own without any anxiety, and without any assistance, guidance, or supervision.

This is a load of bull of course!

So, in 2011 the DLA tribunal dismissed the DWP's submission and instead relied on the report of my GP and my carer and found that: "my anxiety was a symptom of mental disability which was so severe that she was prevented from leaving her residence unaccompanied".

Is this too old to even contemplate using when asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration?

thanks, Lisa

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156037 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Evidence from 2011?
replying

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.