× Members

DLA extension while awaiting PIP decision

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156270 by whizz
I have received a letter today saying that my DLA is being extended while The DWP make a decision on my PIP claim. I had my face to face assessment cancelled as it was decided, with medical evidence, that it would have a detrimental effect on my mental health. Atos sent me a letter a week ago saying they have done their report without needing to see me and DWP would be in touch in a few days with the decision. Today I have received this letter with no decision but just stating they have extended my DLA award but no mention of how long for.
The further wait added to the fact that I don't know why they have come to their latest decision is having a very bad effect on my anxiety . Can anyone shed some light on this matter, and how long I can expect to wait and what they are doing?
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156285 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA extension while awaiting PIP decision

whizz wrote: I have received a letter today saying that my DLA is being extended while The DWP make a decision on my PIP claim. I had my face to face assessment cancelled as it was decided, with medical evidence, that it would have a detrimental effect on my mental health. Atos sent me a letter a week ago saying they have done their report without needing to see me and DWP would be in touch in a few days with the decision. Today I have received this letter with no decision but just stating they have extended my DLA award but no mention of how long for.
The further wait added to the fact that I don't know why they have come to their latest decision is having a very bad effect on my anxiety . Can anyone shed some light on this matter, and how long I can expect to wait and what they are doing?
Many thanks.

Its perfectly normal for the DWP to extend your DLA in these circumstances, it is normally for another year.

It is done to ensure that your DLA remains in payment until a Decision on your PIP claim is made, once it has you will receive DLA for a further four weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156298 by whizz
Replied by whizz on topic DLA extension while awaiting PIP decision
Thank you , Gordon. Do you think they will be contacting Doctors etc for more info or that they just need more time ?

More
8 years 1 week ago #156312 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA extension while awaiting PIP decision

whizz wrote: Thank you , Gordon. Do you think they will be contacting Doctors etc for more info or that they just need more time ?

The DWP have pushed too many re-assessments through the system and the Decision Makers and Claim Managers cannot keep up with the load, so it's likely that they just need more time for your file to get to the top of the pile.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: whizz

More
8 years 1 week ago #156373 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA extension while awaiting PIP decision
Another member was told recently that many decisions are currently taking upwards of 8 weeks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: whizz

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.