× Members

ESA and Carers Allowance

• safcok
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 week ago #156372 by safcok
ESA and Carers Allowance was created by safcok
hi, my daughter receives ESA &full PIP if I try to claim Carers Allowance will this affect her ESA? I don`t claim any benefits myself. Finding it a bit confusing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156378 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA and Carers Allowance
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, you can claim Carers' Allowance as long as you provide at least 35 hours of care per week (this does not all need to be 'hands on') and earn less than £110 per week excluding tax and certain other allowances.

Your daughter would lose any 'premiums' that she gets but it would not affect her basic ESA or PIP

Carer's Allowance

Please reply to this message if you have further questions about this. You will find it easily in the future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.