× Members

Local Service Compliance

More
8 years 1 week ago #156685 by Firesprite
Local Service Compliance was created by Firesprite
Please help, I received a letter today from the Local Service Compliance Officer, which says I have to bring in ID to prove who I am and recent bank statement, I receive ESA support and highest DLA for care and mobility. I am really nervous, I dont understand why they want to see me and its not until May 4th, which is such a long way off. Has anyone had any meetings with them and could you tell me what they want. It seems from the letter they are not interested in how ill I am, so I have no idea, Im so frightened they will take my mobility car away as Im hearing that lots of people are losing their cars and then having to appeal. That would leave me house bound. Thank you for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156694 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Local Service Compliance
W

Welcome to the forum.
In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It may be that you have been selected at random, it could be that something has shown up electronically or someone may have reported you to the DWP.

If you would struggle to get to the appointment you can ask for it to be held in your home.

You are entitled to have someone with you and I would recommend that you do, if only for moral support.

Most of these interviews go no further as the claimant has done nothing wrong so I would not get ahead of yourself by worrying about your car being taken away.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.