× Members

ESA job didnt work out

More
8 years 1 week ago #156720 by terdun9
ESA job didnt work out was created by terdun9
HI MY SON has really been trying to get himself much better he has real serve anxiety disorder with desperation on top of that, H e was on ESA and was put in a support group,he really wanted to try get himself out there in the work force.
He managed to get himself a job that was not in the public he would be working on his own, but after 3 days it was not working out so he was let go,
Now all that hard work getting him sorted out with medicals and then in the end long fight he is in the support group he worked on getting his Confidence to try get work, but now for 3 days work he has lost all that,
Dose he have to make a new claim of is there anything that they don't tell any little things way we can do
or is it as i fear start all over again he has also been told that he cant go back onto ESA with the same issue is this right ?
please if you can help i would be very grateful Jacqui
As i said this is for my son he has been on ESA over a year now he is 26 and had his has his own flat i mange all his paper work for him also his bills

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156724 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA job didnt work out
Hi Jacqui,

As long as it is less than 12 weeks since your son closed his ESA claim, he should be able to go straight back into the same group without further assessment.

However, your son should expect the issue of the work to be raised at the next reassessment and he will need to explain why he thought he was well enough etc.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156847 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic ESA job didnt work out
Thank you very much for your reply:
He wanted to try and see if he could, because he thought it might help him to feel a little better about himself, He has this horrid depression and wanted try, its not nice having this cycle is not very nice one same old thing everyday he wants to be able to be around people without freaking out, or in the eyes of the DWP is it wrong to try now.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156869 by terdun9
HELP please he has just tried to sort his case and has been told he has to start all over again what do we do now need help big time

More
8 years 1 week ago #156876 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA job didnt work out

Jacqui wrote: HELP please he has just tried to sort his case and has been told he has to start all over again what do we do now need help big time

Don't assume that the call centre staff have any understanding of how ESA works.

Call again and say that he wants to restart his claim under the "12 week linking rule", he may need to fill in the ESA documentation again if his computer record has been deleted, as they will not have the information to do this without a form.

If you still have problems then ask for a call back from a manager.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #156974 by terdun9
Thank You Gordon will try to do this in the morning thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.