× Members

Help I'm lost

More
8 years 1 week ago #157051 by sarah
Help I'm lost was created by sarah
I have just had my assessment report by capita with so many lies yet so many of them are made to look genuine as if I actually said these things when I didn't.
I struggle daily with many things and all I was given points for was aids because I'm seen as capable of doing things with aids when I went into such severe spasm in front of the assessor that I couldn't move for 5 minutes.
How then can I been seen as capable when these spasm happen at anytime and when I can end up curled up on the floor.
I was classed as being able to walk over 20 metres when I never walk that.
I get spasm pain dizziness and breathlessness and can suffer total exhaustion.
I feel so lost and becuase according to the assessor I wasn't anxious I'm not considered as having a problem with people.
I've suffered with post traumatic stress and depression for yrs now.
I feel lost and at my wits end with what to do or how to fight as the fight has been taken out of me after also having to appeal my sons and trying to put things right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #157053 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Help I'm lost
Hi Sarah andWelcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You don't say which benefit you are discussing - I gather, from the mention of Capita, that it is PIP?

If you do not agree with the decision you can either try to get it overturned, or you can apply again (in fact, you can do both but you must be clear that the decision on the new claim would supersede that of an appeal tribunal).

If you wish to get this decision overturned then your first step is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration. This process is clearly explained in the PIP guide and there is a sample letter in the ESA MR resources.

PIP help for claimants

ESA mandatory reconsiderations and appeals

You are entitled to a copy of the assessor's report and it will be helpful to have this. However, don't delay in getting the MR request in if the report has not arrived by that time. You have 1 month from the date of the decision letter in which to submit the MR request.

I suggest that you have a good look at the PIP guide to ascertain where and why you believe you should have scored points. The guide will also be very helpful if you decide to reapply!

You should bookmark or favourite this topic on your web browser now so that you will find it easily in future.That will mean that you can return here to ask further questions rather than starting a new topic each time. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place. I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157071 by Nickjb
Replied by Nickjb on topic Help I'm lost
Hi Sarah - I understand and feel your pain - I am currently appealing ESA decision and feel at times so overwhelmed at fighting to prove my disabilities but please hang in there and keep in touch on here and we can help support each other all of us, through this! Take care

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.