× Members

disability and housing

More
8 years 6 days ago #157313 by marie
disability and housing was created by marie
Hi i have enhanced mobility and enhanced day care 18 points. i have my daughter stay overnight on alternative days to help me when i am so ill i cannot get out of the bed. ongoing. i am 60 and have fibromyalgia and polyarthritis angina frozen shoulder, liver and kidney problems, my knees are so sever eventually i will have to have two new knee caps. i was asked by housing if i wanted to down size from a 3 bedroomed house, i applied for a two bedroomed bunglow, i find it hard to get up stairs and in and out of bath get dressed. i sent a doctors note in to say i need help and my daughter stays alternatively over night, i was told i could not have a two bed property because i have no proof i need help of a night, that the note only says my daughter stays to care for me , but not that she needs to care for me, what can i do i thought enhance proved i need both night and day care, but no where does it say night care

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 days ago #157318 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic disability and housing

marie wrote: Hi i have enhanced mobility and enhanced day care 18 points. i have my daughter stay overnight on alternative days to help me when i am so ill i cannot get out of the bed. ongoing. i am 60 and have fibromyalgia and polyarthritis angina frozen shoulder, liver and kidney problems, my knees are so sever eventually i will have to have two new knee caps. i was asked by housing if i wanted to down size from a 3 bedroomed house, i applied for a two bedroomed bunglow, i find it hard to get up stairs and in and out of bath get dressed. i sent a doctors note in to say i need help and my daughter stays alternatively over night, i was told i could not have a two bed property because i have no proof i need help of a night, that the note only says my daughter stays to care for me , but not that she needs to care for me, what can i do i thought enhance proved i need both night and day care, but no where does it say night care

I'm sorry but this is not an issue that we deal with on the forum, you best bet is to get face to advice, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.