× Members

Dla to pip

More
8 years 5 days ago #157535 by angie
Dla to pip was created by angie
Lost my car today received my letter I was awarded standard rate on both .. absolutely gutted no idea what to do now I'm stuck in the house can't get to my hospital appointments x I will have to fight this decision I need my dependence back how do I start ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 days ago #157539 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Dla to pip
Hello Angie

Sorry for your bad news.

The first thing you can do is ask for a copy of your assessment. Then you go through what it says on the assessment and compare it with what actually applies to you - if the assessor made a mistake, you make a note of it, right through all of the descriptors. If, when you've done that, you still feel that the assessor is wrong,and that you should qualify for the enhanced rate, yoy must then apply for mandatory reconsideration. You only have a month from receiving your award letter to do this.

You then need to collect any extra evidence you might be able to get to support your claim; from your GP, Physio, Consultant, and any carers or helpers you might have. Make sure everything you collect does support you, and then send it along with the application.

If the Decision Maker is able to change the award, you will be notified by letter, if he telephones, it's usually to tell you that he is unable to change the award. You then have to go to appeal.

All the information about these steps is contained in the guides on the Website. If your read them carefully you give yourself the best chance of getting the enhanced award you want.

Bookmark this page; if you need us to help you further down the line, then get back to us. Good luck in the meantime :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: angie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.