× Members

compliance interview

More
7 years 11 months ago #158922 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic compliance interview
Hi here's an update on my compliance interview. It was indeed, the way I expect a police interview under caution would be, extremely formal, I felt the interviewer was fishing for information, it felt like He was trying to catch me out. At the start of the interview, I asked what it was for, and was told " something had come up with my claim, I started to panick and wondered why he wouldn't tell me why I was there. Then, there followed a series of questions about money coming in and if I had any male friends who stayed with me . At this point I asked if I could voice record the interview on my phone as I felt intimidated. He said I could but told me I would be given a " copy of my statement". I was asked to show bills, in my name, and also at the beginning of my interview had to verify my identity by showing driving licence or passport. He asked me on numerous occasions was this the only money I had coming in, I had taken a letter from a pension company which pays me £68 per year for 5 years, I asked if this was regarded as income and then he said" this is why you are here, you should have told us about this . I told him I didn't think such a small amount would make any difference, I was given a severe reprimand and told as a result of having received this 68 per year, ( I only receive it for 5 years so next year will be the last ) I had been overpaid esa at £1 per week and would need to repay just under £300 and a civil penalty of £50 could be imposed. I'm utterly disgusted by the treatment I received. This type of interview should not be allowed and if I need to go again, I will be seeking representation. Dirty trick by the government to bully and harass some of the most vulnerable members of society, whilst the greedy millionaires can tuck theyr money away in offshore accounts as well as the bankers , they pay no tax and get off Scott free.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158923 by Alex
I did ask for a home interview and was told , it was a completely different department which dealt with that and he wasn't able to do it. So, I had no choice, either go or your esa stops.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158960 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic compliance interview

alexandra wrote: Hi here's an update on my compliance interview. It was indeed, the way I expect a police interview under caution would be, extremely formal, I felt the interviewer was fishing for information, it felt like He was trying to catch me out. At the start of the interview, I asked what it was for, and was told " something had come up with my claim, I started to panick and wondered why he wouldn't tell me why I was there. Then, there followed a series of questions about money coming in and if I had any male friends who stayed with me . At this point I asked if I could voice record the interview on my phone as I felt intimidated. He said I could but told me I would be given a " copy of my statement". I was asked to show bills, in my name, and also at the beginning of my interview had to verify my identity by showing driving licence or passport. He asked me on numerous occasions was this the only money I had coming in, I had taken a letter from a pension company which pays me £68 per year for 5 years, I asked if this was regarded as income and then he said" this is why you are here, you should have told us about this . I told him I didn't think such a small amount would make any difference, I was given a severe reprimand and told as a result of having received this 68 per year, ( I only receive it for 5 years so next year will be the last ) I had been overpaid esa at £1 per week and would need to repay just under £300 and a civil penalty of £50 could be imposed. I'm utterly disgusted by the treatment I received. This type of interview should not be allowed and if I need to go again, I will be seeking representation. Dirty trick by the government to bully and harass some of the most vulnerable members of society, whilst the greedy millionaires can tuck theyr money away in offshore accounts as well as the bankers , they pay no tax and get off Scott free.

Are you receiving Income Related ESA in part or in whole? If you are then all income is taken into account however small the amount.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex

More
7 years 11 months ago #158996 by Alex
Apparently I am, though I was told by deep last year I was on contributory esa. The manner of the person conducting the interview was appauling. Very upsetting.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159035 by kate
Replied by kate on topic compliance interview
I am not sure I am following this correctly, but does this mean that DWP have access to the income & expenditure of our bank accounts?

More
7 years 11 months ago #159053 by Karen
Replied by Karen on topic compliance interview
Sorry to hear the way you were treated Alex.

I was on Income based ESA told today they will withdraw it as I have been over payed, I went over by £4000 my boyfriend thought it would be wise to use an additional savings account under my name, wasn't aware it was there as the money was not mine, this was before my benefit started and he forgot as it was one of the dormant accounts.

But I was prepared to pay it back, but not prepared to have my ESA withdrawn altogether. I will now have to appeal their decision. I dont know what I'm going to do without it.

My compliance team fortunately was more nicer to me overall but the DWP decision makers have been appalling in there manner, treating us as criminals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.