× Members

Here we go again!!

More
7 years 11 months ago #158131 by bassettsfarm
Here we go again!! was created by bassettsfarm
Hi Everyone,

Having been awarded PIP until August this year, after a harrowing year of tribunal etc, the dreaded letter arrived to day. I have been invited to apply again for Personal Independence Payment. I rang and got the ball rolling, the forms will be in the post to me soon.

I have been dreading this, I think I'm just in need of some support from B&W friends. I was wondering if anyone can offer any information. Is it just like applying again for the first time, or is anything easier? I'm foolishly hoping that all the information I have given them over and over again might be taken into account, and the fact that I have already had a two year award might mean something? (Please not I did say FOOLISHLY HOPING!!)

Kind regards

Amanda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158132 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Here we go again!!
Hi Amanda,

Reassessment time comes round so quickly, doesn't it? DWP usually start the PIP review process a full year before the award is due to end!

I'm afraid the reassessment is identical to the first claim. The same forms are used and the assessor will not have any prior information about you or your current claim. You must explain everything in great detail and submit all of your supporting evidence again :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

More
7 years 11 months ago #158144 by Tcake
Replied by Tcake on topic Here we go again!!
:unsure: Good luck with your re-application. I think they do this deliberately (make applying/replying so hard) to put people off! It is terrible! :( I don't know how the people behind PIP sleep at night! (well they will not be in pain anyway like most of us here are!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.