× Members

My ESA 50 has not been received by the DWP

More
7 years 11 months ago #158142 by Hugh
I sent my completed ESA 50 form which was to be back with them by 22/04/16 I sent it back 11 days before due time but I got a letter from them today to say that they did not get it and a decision maker has decided that i am fit for work from 22/04/16, does this happen often and what can i do now? I sent a copy off to them today 09/05/16 but it does not have all my medical support which was with the original

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158160 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic My ESA 50 has not been received by the DWP
Hi Hugh and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

No, this does not happen often - but neither is it unheard of.

Now that you have sent in another ESA50, they might restart your claim. If not you can ask for a 'Mandatory Reconsideration' of the decision to find you 'fit for work'. This will be a procedural issue, it will not be an assessment of your condition.

You should send in any proof of postage that you have for the ESA50 ( this is the least you should get for anything you send in, proof of delivery is better) as this will support your statement that it was submitted in good time.

Do you mean that you sent the original supporting documents in with the ESA50? :ohmy: Is there any way of getting copies of these? For instance, your GP should have copies of letters sent from consultants.

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hugh

More
7 years 11 months ago #158190 by Hugh
sorry I'm new to all this i did not get any proof of postage as it was a freepost return envelope, i can get copies of my medical notes, but this can take a while and when do i send them and who to, i suffer from mental health problems, i just did not need this, i am still getting and awaiting treatment, i am going to the job centre plus tomorrow to see if they will send another copy for me as i have been told they can scan and send one from there and it will get to them quicker

More
7 years 11 months ago #158206 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My ESA 50 has not been received by the DWP

Hugh wrote: sorry I'm new to all this i did not get any proof of postage as it was a freepost return envelope, i can get copies of my medical notes, but this can take a while and when do i send them and who to, i suffer from mental health problems, i just did not need this, i am still getting and awaiting treatment, i am going to the job centre plus tomorrow to see if they will send another copy for me as i have been told they can scan and send one from there and it will get to them quicker

The JC+ can do this for you, but you may need an appointment for it to be done, so I would ring them first.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hugh

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.