× Members

Esa contribution based

More
7 years 11 months ago #158167 by Mummyfox
Esa contribution based was created by Mummyfox
Can any one offer any advise, my husband has just won an appeal for Esa, we have been backed dated and am very happy with the outcome, only now I have been told I have to attend a back to work interview myself to look at getting me back to work, and if I don't attend my husbands benefit may be stopped. It is contribution based so not income related, the thing is I home school my three children so am not free to go out to work, what I'm asking is can they force me back into work? Surely it has no effect on his benefit if I choose not to work.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158181 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa contribution based

Mummyfox wrote: Can any one offer any advise, my husband has just won an appeal for Esa, we have been backed dated and am very happy with the outcome, only now I have been told I have to attend a back to work interview myself to look at getting me back to work, and if I don't attend my husbands benefit may be stopped. It is contribution based so not income related, the thing is I home school my three children so am not free to go out to work, what I'm asking is can they force me back into work? Surely it has no effect on his benefit if I choose not to work.

Many thanks

It's really a tick box exercise they can't force you to work or do anything other than attend the interview, they normally last about 10 minutes, they'll ask if there is any assistance they can offer, you'll say "no" and that will be it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mummyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.