× Members

Starting from the beginning

More
7 years 11 months ago #158239 by Catherine
Starting from the beginning was created by Catherine
We've had the letter through to call if going to claim PIP. Partner already receives DLA. Lower component even tho he suffers from ME. Haemopillia. Paranoid Psycosis. Schizophrenia. Perenial Rhinitis. He cant smell and Cant Taste and is deaf in one ear.

I'm concerned about just making the initial phone call. will I be bombarded with questions.

Also ive been advised to make a claim for myself. Ive been diagnosed with Fibromyagia (attending hospital rheumatology pain clinic ) and osteoarthritis.
Is it possible that we can both claim.
Thank you for any advice anyone can give me. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158250 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Starting from the beginning
Hi Catherine and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

PIP is not income-related and it is perfectly permissible for a couple to both receive it.

It is not awarded because of the actual medical conditions but because of the care and/or mobility needs caused by them.

I suggest that you have a look at our PIP self-assessment, score yourself very strictly and see whether you think you have a good chance of receiving it.

DWP will need quite a lot of information from you during the initial phone call (you can actually ask for this form to be sent to you instead - but you will probably meet with a lot of resistance, even though you are entitled to it!). This will mainly be factual details such as bank account and name of GP rather than in depth information about the medical conditions. Our PIP guide explains what will be needed, so you will be able to get everything together beforehand.

PIP help for claimants

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.