× Members

DLA lost car need advice re PIP

More
7 years 11 months ago #158485 by Roz
DLA lost car need advice re PIP was created by Roz
I am not sure I am doing this right, hope so!
I received my decision and have lost my car and have given me PIP Daily Living Component low I am devastated but leaving it at that as I have heard they can take the care off me if I request a Mandatory so am leaving it well alone. My other concern is that my Pension Credit has stopped this week even though the DLA stops 24th May and PIP starts 25th May .. I wonder why my Pension Credit has stopped I rang them but got no help they just said it was stopped !!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158487 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA lost car need advice re PIP

Roz wrote: I am not sure I am doing this right, hope so!
I received my decision and have lost my car and have given me PIP Daily Living Component low I am devastated but leaving it at that as I have heard they can take the care off me if I request a Mandatory so am leaving it well alone. My other concern is that my Pension Credit has stopped this week even though the DLA stops 24th May and PIP starts 25th May .. I wonder why my Pension Credit has stopped I rang them but got no help they just said it was stopped !!!!

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your PIP award.

You are right that the DWP will look at your Daily Living award if you request an MR but that does not mean that you will lose it although I do need to stress that there are no guarantees.

As to Pension Credit, I wondered if your payments were only enabled because of your DLA award, but if you have a PIP Daily Living award this would still enable payment, it's possible (we have seen this with some Carers Allowance claims) that the DWP have processed the DLA stopping but have not picked up on the PIP starting and this is why your PC claim has been closed.

However, there are still problems with this, as you point out, your DLA is still in payment and I'm pretty sure that PC is paid in arrears and therefore should not have been affected yet..

I'm afraid the only way forward with this is for you to contact the DWP again. Whatever the reason for the PC being stopped this needs to have been notified in writing so it is not acceptable for the call centre staff to just say "it's stopped", if you still have problems finding out what is going on, ask for a manager call back, this may not happen this afternoon but they should contact you next week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roz

More
7 years 11 months ago #158877 by Roz
Replied by Roz on topic DLA lost car need advice re PIP
Thank you Gordon, yes it was stopped but reinstated again and I got the last two weeks PC paid in today, it was dues to my DLA going over to PIP and they said they had to be sure there was no overpayment that is why they put a stop to it, but as my PIP care is the same amount as PIP care then payments will continue phew! I was worried as there was no warning.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158896 by Gordon

Roz wrote: Thank you Gordon, yes it was stopped but reinstated again and I got the last two weeks PC paid in today, it was dues to my DLA going over to PIP and they said they had to be sure there was no overpayment that is why they put a stop to it, but as my PIP care is the same amount as PIP care then payments will continue phew! I was worried as there was no warning.

Glad it was sorted, sounds more like incompetence that protecting the public purse, it's not like they don't have four weeks to sort these issues out. Hang on a minute, they do!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158897 by Gordon

Roz wrote: Thank you Gordon, yes it was stopped but reinstated again and I got the last two weeks PC paid in today, it was dues to my DLA going over to PIP and they said they had to be sure there was no overpayment that is why they put a stop to it, but as my PIP care is the same amount as PIP care then payments will continue phew! I was worried as there was no warning.

Glad it was sorted, sounds more like incompetence that protecting the public purse, it's not like they don't have four weeks to sort these issues out. Hang on a minute, they do!

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.