× Members

PIP

More
7 years 11 months ago #158550 by jennieprowse
PIP was created by jennieprowse
Hi can anyone help me I started getting high rate care with PIP in Feb this year I have a 3 year review date. I am 51 in Aug this year. I am about to be medically retired with full access to my pension. My questions are 1) Should I info PIP about the change.
2) I have been deemed not fit to work up till my normal retirement age of 67 should this situation help me secure my PIP claim till I am 67 ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158582 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Jennie

There is no specific requirement for you to contact the DWP about you stopping work, PIP makes no specific reference to whether the claimant works or not.

I'm afraid, for the same reason, your stopping work will not secure your PIP claim, I would expect you to be reassessed in advance of this award ending as normal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158682 by jennieprowse
Replied by jennieprowse on topic ESA
Hi Gordon

Thank you for the info. Could I ask one more question. I get credit only ESA now I will be getting a pension from my employer will my credit stop ?

More
7 years 11 months ago #158689 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Jennie wrote: Hi Gordon

Thank you for the info. Could I ask one more question. I get credit only ESA now I will be getting a pension from my employer will my credit stop ?

No, you will continue to receive NI Credits as long as you continue to meet the ESA criteria or you reach State Retirement Age. You should inform the DWP about you pension starting even though it will not affect your current claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.