× Members

PIP Appeals tribunal

More
7 years 11 months ago #158622 by Marie
PIP Appeals tribunal was created by Marie
Hello All,

I'm helping a friend with her pip appeals. She has already got a Mandatory Recommendation Letter notice to appeals. I am filling in the SSCS1 to send off. My friends has not made a copy of her PIP2 what are our chances to prepare for the pip appeals, I'm thinking of her to not go to the appeals instead just reply for PIP would that be a good idea or not.

Any reply would be much appreciated.

Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158643 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeals tribunal

Marie wrote: Hello All,

I'm helping a friend with her pip appeals. She has already got a Mandatory Recommendation Letter notice to appeals. I am filling in the SSCS1 to send off. My friends has not made a copy of her PIP2 what are our chances to prepare for the pip appeals, I'm thinking of her to not go to the appeals instead just reply for PIP would that be a good idea or not.

Any reply would be much appreciated.

Marie

They will receive a copy of their PIP2 and other documents used in the making of the Decision as part of the DWP's submission to the appeal.

Making a new claim is also an option.

It's really up to your friend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158695 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic PIP Appeals tribunal

Gordon wrote: They will receive a copy of their PIP2 and other documents used in the making of the Decision as part of the DWP's submission to the appeal.

Thank you Gordon. That would be great from what she's told me how she's filled in the form she hasn't say how difficult things are for her, she can no longer do her house chores nor do any gardening someone else do that for her. Her chest is so bad she has a peak flow of 100, she can barely talk to me. The assessor took a peak flow but did not say anything to her about it, she went on her on. She has back problem also and could not bend down when the assessor told her to.

The fact that she did not say how severe her conditions are would that be against her? She's got hospital appointment coming up for her back and seeing her doctor for her severe asthma.

Making a new claim is also an option.

We'll see the outcome.

It's really up to your friend.

I agree
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.