× Members

1st tier tribunals

More
7 years 11 months ago #158656 by Jane Bexon
1st tier tribunals was created by Jane Bexon
It seems no time at all since I was thanking you all for helping my daughter through the process of applying for PIP. She was finally awarded the enhanced rate with 16 points by the tribunal panel for 3 years till mid January 2017. In February this year, she was sent another PIP application form to reapply and since then has had 2 assessments, as one had to be abandoned due to her suffering a cataplexic fit and sleep attack. Since then she has received a decision letter awarding her 2 points. We have requested a mandatory reconsideration - and then expect to march onwards to another tribunal - but then I ask myself - WHAT POINT IS THERE IN HAVING A TRIBUNAL DECISION WHICH IS MERELY A 'SUGGESTION' AND NOT LEGALLY BINDING!!! The DWP can override the tribunal decisions seemingly at anytime they feel like it. This process could go on - and on - and on.........
What happened to the Magna Carta - where the common man has the right to justice????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158668 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 1st tier tribunals
J

Welcome t o the forum, this appears to be your first post for this user. . :)

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm afraid you have misunderstood how the benefit system works, although I can understand your frustration about how it is operated.

Each Decision stands until a new one is made, so the Tribunal Decision that your daughter received was binding on the DWP until a new one is made, this has now happened following the reassessment.

Providing you can show that your daughters condition is no better than it was when she was last assessed, then you can offer the Tribunal result as evidence to support an award.

If there is anything that we can assist with then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158672 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic 1st tier tribunals
I'm afraid that all PIP claims are being reassessed a full year before the award ends :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.