× Members

ESA GP wants to speak to DWP

More
8 years 1 week ago #156602 by Cath
ESA GP wants to speak to DWP was created by Cath
As an appointee for my son I initiated an ESA claim via the phone. The customer statement arrived and has many errors. As the form said to ring if incorrect I did, they said it didn't matter if his disabilities were slightly wrong as this form doesn't count and they will be changed to whatever his medical certificate says.
I was not down as his carer they said this only applies to paid carers from the local authority not parent carers who receive Carers Allowance.
Also said my son received a student allowance he doesn't, again they said this was just to say he was a student and not to worry about the inaccuracies. Are they correct as it seems wrong that after such a long phone call they have so much information wrong yet it doesn't matter...advice would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #156645 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA GP wants to speak to DWP
T

Welcome to the forum

Your email address appears to be your forum name, you must change this if we are to allow further posts in the forum, follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I assume that the form is an ESA1?

Some of the information doesn't matter and some does, for example his disabilities at this time are only for information, however, the fact that he does not receive a student allowance is important.

I would correct the errors on the form, initial any changes and return it to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #156679 by Cath
Replied by Cath on topic ESA GP wants to speak to DWP
Thank You,
Does the fact they have not put down my carers details despite receiving carers allowance matter too.I looked at the downloadable version of the form and there is no mention that a carer must be employed by the Local Authority, if it doesn't I am happy to make sure they change the fact he does not have a student allowance, would this affect the amount of ESA he could receive?

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156689 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA GP wants to speak to DWP

Cath wrote: Thank You,
Does the fact they have not put down my carers details despite receiving carers allowance matter too.I looked at the downloadable version of the form and there is no mention that a carer must be employed by the Local Authority, if it doesn't I am happy to make sure they change the fact he does not have a student allowance, would this affect the amount of ESA he could receive?

If you look at the form, Part 6 on page 12, there is a specific reference to CA in regard to the claimant claiming it and someone claiming it against the claimant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158685 by Cath
Replied by Cath on topic ESA GP wants to speak to DWP
Sent fit note for ESA claim, now have ESA50 form to complete. I asked GP for a supporting letter but he wants to speak to the DWP as the fit note made it clear how severe my sons disability is and that it will not improve. He wants me to request that someone dealing with the claim rings him, is this possible? Does anyone know if there is a number the GP could ring, will the DWP talk to the GP about an individual case due to confidentiality? Advice appreciated

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158688 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA GP wants to speak to DWP
Hi Cath,

I have merged your query with the previous topic relating to your son's ESA claim. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

I must admit that this is new to me. However, the fact that I have never heard of it does not mean that it never happens!

DWP do not give out the numbers of Decision Makers - the stance is that they will contact you if they want to.

The other difficulty is that the case file does not reach the DM until the Maximus assessor has made a recommendation.

Maybe Gordon will have some suggestions!

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.