× Members

ESA Appointment

More
7 years 11 months ago #158710 by Tilly
ESA Appointment was created by Tilly
Hi
I need a bit of advice regarding ESA medical appointment.

I sent my reassessment form mid march. I received a letter on 21 April giving me a date for my medical. I rang to rearrange as couldn't be accompanied. The medical was rearranged for the 10 May. In the same phone call I also ask for the medical to be recorded.
On the 9th the assessment center left a message asking me to call back. When I called back I was told the medical was cancelled and that I would receive a new appointment. I metionned that the only person that can accompany me has been called for jury service 31 may-15 june so it would have to be before or after. I was told not to worry as I could change the appointment if the date is not convenient.
Today I received a new letter with an appointment 1st of June. I rang and was told I could not change it. I nearly lost it so left it. An hour later I rang again spoke to a different person he did not say I couldn't rearrange but that they don't have yet dates for after 15 June. He told me to ring next week when new appointment s will be released.
I really need to change it as I cannot go on my own & have only one person. Where do I stand? Do I have the right to change as the 2nd appointment was canceled by them?
Shall I contact DWP?
I amat loss. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158722 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appointment
Tilly

DWP/Maximus policy is to only allow one rearranged appointment, if the next one is not attended then they will send you file back to the DWP who may cancel the claim.

I'm afraid I would be less than trustful of what you have been told by the call centre staff!

I would call a couple of day before the 1st and see what happens, if they offer you a new appointment date while you are on the phone then you should be OK, if they can't do this I think that there is a real prospect that they will send your file back if you do not attend the current appointment

You can certainly contact the DWP about the problem, but they usually take the view that it is the responsibility of Maximus to manage appointments, but you can ask for your problems to be notified on your computer file. I would still follow the call up in writing.

You can try involving your MP, the biggest problem is that Maximus run a rolling three week diary, so they genuinely cannot book that far ahead.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tilly

More
7 years 11 months ago #158735 by Tilly
Replied by Tilly on topic ESA Appointment
Thanks Gordon.
So once you rearranged an appointment, you cannot change anymore, even if Maximum cancel & the appointments are computer generated as the first available appointment? What happen then if they cancel again this appointment? (Most likely as I asked to have my appointment recorded)
I had cancellation in the past with Atos & they treated the new appointment as first appointment thus having me the right to rearrange. Has the 'law' changed with the change to Maximum?

More
7 years 11 months ago #158753 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Appointment

tilly wrote: Thanks Gordon.
So once you rearranged an appointment, you cannot change anymore, even if Maximum cancel & the appointments are computer generated as the first available appointment? What happen then if they cancel again this appointment? (Most likely as I asked to have my appointment recorded)
I had cancellation in the past with Atos & they treated the new appointment as first appointment thus having me the right to rearrange. Has the 'law' changed with the change to Maximum?

No! there haven't been any changes, Maximus are operating assessments in the same way as ATOS did before them. You cannot re-arrange the second appointment without risking penalty, however, Maximus can do so without it affecting your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.